Monday, August 29, 2016

week #35 - Investigators progressing. Another great week.

Hey!

This week was pretty good, I really don´t know where these weeks are going...

But this week we were working with Yerack and he is going to be baptized this Saturday! He has his baptism interview this Wednesday. For the moment he doesn´t really know if Thomas S. Monson really is a prophet or not. But he does have a testimony of Joseph Smith so we should be able to fix things up real fast before Wednesday haha. 

About Camila is that she really doesn´t have any time at all. We haven´t really been able to have any lessons with her. We have only had one lesson with her but she is still reading everyday and is starting to change her life without us even doing anything. The only thing is that she doesn´t have a lot of time and we haven´t been able to really find her home... We had a meeting planned for yesterday after church but she didn´t come to church.... So we still have to work a little bit more with her.

Also this week Williams and his pareja (I don´t know how to say that is english), Jimena, got their date planned and everything with the registro civil to get married. They will get married the 16th of September and baptised the 17th, Williams and his son, Ismael, together! Jimena is already a member. Everything is going really well with them!

To get the Chilean ID I really don´t have a lot of knowledge about it. I did a few things through the PDI and stuff but the majority of the paperwork and everything the mission office does. I´m pretty sure it´s a process to get it, but since we are missionaries it´s a lot easier to get it.

For fishing we were just throwing out a line with bait on it, nothing else. The fish aren´t really that big but if we go fishing again I´ll get a picture of the fish so that you can see. 

Arepa con todo is a lot different than a chalupa taco...... lol
But it was really good, I have been enjoying trying a lot of new foods. 
Speaking of food... So I have heard about a soup, called casuela here, made with seafood that when you eat it, it makes you really tired. Yesterday we were eating with a member and they brought out this soup made with a fish head. It was actually pretty good. But it is super true about that it makes you tired... When we got home after lunch I went and laid down for like 2 minutes and I was completely out... I woke up like 2 hours later but completely dead. Whoops... All 4 of us got knocked out pretty much. I really don´t know why it makes you so tired but I have never been so dead before in my life. I think it might be because there are just a ton of vitamins in the soup that it just makes you tired. That was definitely an interesting experience...

Sounds like your new job isn´t that bad. Sounds pretty chill. Hope that things keep working out!

Thanks for sending me some more music. Wish that I could get on the internet myself and look for some songs but I´m pretty limited to what I can find.. If you find any more just send them my way! Thanks!

This week should actually be a lot of fun. This Friday as well we are planning an activity to do minute to win it. Then the baptism on Saturday. So this week should be a good one!

But yeah everything down here is going good. Just the same old, same old. Love you guys and hope that you have a great week!

Love
Elder Newkirk

Pics: These are some pics of the new house. It isn´t too bad!



No comments:

Post a Comment