Tuesday, August 29, 2017

week #87 -- Another week in Calama

Hola! Que tal? Bien o que?

Solid week this week! Not a ton happening. Just running around the zone trying to help out missionaries and their investigators so that they could get baptized this last week of August! On Tuesday my comp went down to Tocopilla to help out the missionaries there and I stayed here in Calama all day with Elder Recca from Hawaii! He is in a trio right now so I was able to rob him as my comp. He is a really cool dude! He has a ton of different stories and everything. He is a native from Hawaii, had to go hunt food and all that type of stuff. But he has a ton of different stories. Then also on Wednesday I went and worked with him in his sector to go and do some interviews for a couple investigatores. So he was my comp for like 2 days. But we actually got closer. Invited me to go to "the rock" when he gets home to teach me how to hunt and make bows and arrows and a ton of different stuff. I might just have to go when he gets back home lol! It was a lot of fun to work with him though! He is really excited and works really hard, he´s a little crazy but a lot of fun! I don´t think I´ll be able to send pics this week I don´t want to get a virus. We are in a sketchy ciber right now so I don´t think I´m going to connect my camera. There is even a sign that says that they aren´t responsible if you lose data and stuff like that.... I´ll have to send them next week or something! But I have quite a lot from this week! Then also on Thursday Elder Shelton(the assistant) came down to help out as well doing interviews and everything to help out the zone. Because as a zone we haven´t been doing so hot. We only had 5 baptisms as a zone this month of August! But we are going to kill it this September and everyone is going to baptize! Si o si! We are just going to keep working hard and go with all the fire this next month! Also like no one came to church this Sunday which was lame. We had quite a few people promise to come to church this Sunday but no one ended up going. We only had 1 person in church who was Ingrid who has been going to church since I found her that day in the street. We have a lot of really good families and everything that are really good but Satan is also working hard. We are just going to work harder and keep working with the families that we have and find even more that are ready for the Gospel! Next week we should be getting wet in the waters of baptism! Definitely been a while and we need to baptize si o si!! We should of had a baptism this weekend but the investigator(his name is Roger) that was going to go to church last week got stabbed through his arm into his stomach and right into his artery. He lost a ton of blood and was pretty bad. Saturday night...... Freaking Satan! But now he´s going to go back to Bolivia where he can get better medical help so bye investigator... So that´s whats been happening to us. But we are just going to keep going with faith and keep working hard. Just have to lose myself in the work until the end!

Yeah fighting here in Chile is just normal. There are a lot of drunks in the street. The other week I met a dude that lived in the States for a while that now is just a drunk here in Chile. He was talking with me in English and saying just a ton of swear words. That was fun. But there are definitely a ton of experiences with stuff like that, that happens all the time. But everyone here is chill with the missionaries. Also because I´m double their size. Speaking of fights yeah I heard about the fight between Mcgregor and Mayweather. It was pretty big down here too. I heard about it. I really wanted to watch it lol. Sounded like a good fight!!

We also got the water heater fixed this week! No more ice cold showers!! Thanks to the showers I got pretty sick this week as well. I´ve been sick all week with a cold. But its all good. I´m already used to being sick. It seems like I get sick every transfer!

Nope just another normal P-day. We went and shopped around downtown today. We found some really cool panchos made out of llama which were really cool. My comp bought one and I think I might get one next week as well. Definitely not something easy that you can get in the States.

Also tomorrow we head down to Antofagasta for leadership council! Should be fun! I like the leadership councils a lot. Definitely learn a lot from President everytime!!

Other than that just going to keep working strong and hard to find all the people I can and lead them into the waters of baptism!! Thanks for everything! Love you guys a ton!! Have an amazing week!!

Love
Elder Newkirk

No comments:

Post a Comment