Monday, August 14, 2017

week #85 - new companion - Elder Jennings

Hey how`s it going?!

My week was pretty good. Just another chill week and last week of the transfer! Crazy transfer this time! I get a "new" comp, he`s also gringo. Elder Jennings! Pretty crazy! Going to get back together with him as my new comp but this time as zone leaders! So I guess you could say I got a "new" comp. The first gringo comp in the mission field. Haven`t been with a gringo since the MTC with Elder Jennings and Elder Wild! He gets here tonight at like 8pm, he`s coming from Arica. Elder Torrico went to Antofagasta to finish the mission because he only has 1 transfer left! Pretty crazy how fast time flys! I knew him when he only had like 8 months!! He went to finish the mission training and opening up a sector! But things should be fun with Elder Jennings again, should be interesting to see what happens to someone after 20 months in the mission! Other than that there weren`t any other huge transfers. Elder Kirk is going to go and train as well so we should be having a newbie in the pension!

Other than that this week has been pretty nice. Just working during the week and trying to find some new people. We actually found a couple people that are really cool and I think will progress fast! Only they didn`t come to church this week. It was a little hard to get people to come to church this week because we had a time change on Sunday. We went an hour ahead and lost an hour of sleep. Not going to lie I`m pretty tired right now lol. So not a lot of people came to church on Sunday. Seems like not a lot of people knew about the change of time but theres always next week! I feel like this new change will be really good because Elder Torrico was a little dead and wasn`t in a full machine mode to work so I`ve been going down a little bit as well but with this new change we`re going to work really hard and have a lot more baptisms! Si o si!

Ingrid is still progressing a ton! She is always going to church and everything. She has also read a ton of the Book of Mormon. But just needs to get married. I also want to baptize her daughter but she is really lazy and still hasn`t came to church. Even less with this time change! How do you guys get Hailey to church? lol! We`ve also got Hamlet who is Cleusa`s son who is 22. He is really cool as well and has gone to church 3 times already with his family. He actually has a baptism date for this weekend so we`re going to work hard with him this week and have his interview so that he can get baptized this weekend! Other than that there are a lot of other investigators that we`re going to work hard with so that they can progress more and be able to go to church and get baptized! It`s definitely possible to baptize every single week. I know that the Lord is preparing people every week for us but it just depends on us and our faith! Got to work hard to be able to find these people that He is preparing!!

On the weekend we were just running around saying bye to the people for Elder Torrico. I was camera man for the weekend lol. It was good, Elder Torrico has been here for a really long time so a lot of the members are going to miss him. He`s been here for like 7 1/2 months now so he knows a ton of people and had to say bye to a lot of them. I`ve got a couple where I took selfies as well!

But yeah I`m just going to keep working hard here in Calama! There isn`t anything else to do! I`ve been called here to work and to help out all the other missionaries here in the zone! We`ve got to work a little bit harder with the sisters because I feel like somethings going on over there as well but I`ll just keep it at that(shouldn`t go into details).

It`s crazy how fast the time has just been flying by! I can`t believe that another transfers has gone down! Only 3 more to go is super crazy! Never thought that I would be here with almost 20 months in the mission. But I have seriously loved every moment of it and I`m going to give it all for what`s left!

Well love you guys a ton! Looks like you guys had a great time in 6 flags, thanks for going without me....😜 Love ya a ton! I know the Lord will bless you guys if you keep living the gospel and keeping the commandments! Hope you guys have an awesome week!!

Love
Elder Newkirk

Pics: Our district!
Goodbyes with Elder Torrico





The last pic with the pension in the morning right before Elder Torrico and Elder Clark left(also with our Bishop)




Pic with glasses! Elder Clark gave them to me because he never uses them and someone gave them away to him. I actually like them! They don`t have all that of an increase so I`ve just been trying them out and wearing them a little bit.



Today`s Pday with the boys! I`ve been with Elder Kirk and Elder Recca for the day! We played some foosball in the house of our Papitos at lunch today! It was pretty fun lol! Also went and walked around the mall and checked some things out! I definitley wish I could have just bought a ton of clothes and stuff! I saw a ton of stuff that I liked! Shopping! lol. Now were going to walk a little bit around downtown to go and shop a little bit more. Thanks for the Birthday money Grandma and Grandpa Oldroyd!!





No comments:

Post a Comment