Wednesday, July 19, 2017

week #81 - working hard in Calama

Hey! My week was pretty good! I´ve actually been having a lot of fun here with Elder Torrico and the house that we are living in! I feel different here like I´m enjoying everything a lot more. We are still working really hard and finding a lot of people to teach and to baptize as well. Haven´t had a baptism in a while actually but we are working hard to be able to find someone who is ready. This week if everything works out well we should be having one baptism this week. We had a new investigator come to church this Sunday who is super motivated to keep learning and stuff like that. Her name is Ingrid, she is really cool and has been reading a lot and has been really interested. So if everything goes well then she should get baptized this week! We were actually going to have 2 more this week but they weren´t able to go to church. They are the people in the photo that I´m sending this week. I was with Elder Shelton who is the assistant to President who came to Calama for a day to be able to work with the missionaries as us as well. We went there so that he could do the baptism interview for them. They passed the interview and everything was good to go. Its the mom with her 10 year old kid. Her name is Marisol and his name is David. We passed by Saturday night as well and everything was good to go to bring them to church this Sunday but Sunday morning someone went and robbed her dad´s house so they were over there in the morning. Stupid Satan, wish I could use a stronger word... They were super ready and everything but we´ll have to wait until the next week. We´re just going to keep visiting them this week and helping them so that they can go to church this Sunday.

The only difficulties that we are having right now not just here but in all the mission is bring people to church. You guys got any tips or tricks to get people to church?  How´d you guys get me to go to church as a kid? haha

Sounds like Hailey had a great time at girls camp! You too dad with your cute fingernails painted!

Hopefully that you´ll be able to find a job soon! Definitely in my prayers everyday! Just have to keep looking and keep going with faith! I´ve actually been reading a book that we got permission to read that´s called drawing on the powers of heaven by grant von harrison and I have learned a ton about faith and how to call on the powers of heaven in our lives. As a missionary and not as a missionary as well. I would definitely recommend it! 

Hopefully you guys have a good time in Utah this week! Say hi to everyone there! 

Well other than that my week was just pretty chill of just working and getting to know my sector. My comp this Tuesday went off to Tocopilla which is part of our zone but 3 hours away. So he went there all day long to be able to help out the missionaries there with interviews and stuff like that. So I was in the sector all day with a recent convert who is super awesome who always leaves out with us. So I had to be in my sector not knowing it at all. I had just had a map and a list of some names of people to visit. It was a day of talking to a lot of people in the street and getting to know the sector. It went really well actually and found a lot new people to start to teach. Other than that it was pretty chill getting to know more members and some part families. 

I´ve also been learning how to play the ukelele. My comp has one. It´s a lot of fun. Thinking about buying one now as well lol! I´ve been learning a ton here in this sector and also the ukelele.

Love ya guys a ton! Hope you have a great week! 

Love
Elder Newkirk

No comments:

Post a Comment