Monday, February 27, 2017

week#61 -- new area -- Alto Hospicio -- new calling as a Zone leader

Hola! Como estamos? Si quiere empezar los correros con español entonces vamos no mas! jajaja

No my week was actually really good! A pretty chill week over all until we got our transfers! Well I´m now in a new city with a new companion and with a new calling! But before we get to that I´m just going to explain my normal week.

Monday and Tuesday just normal days like always. District meeting Tuesday which actually went really well! I received revelation on how to tie together Kolob with the spirit of urgency! There is a saying going around the mission that when someone has a crazy idea or is just crazy in general they say that they went to Kolob lol. But in the pearl of great price says that in Kolob one day is 1000 years here on earth and that the time in Kolob is the closest time to celestial time. So I tied that together with the time that we have in the mission and technically the mission for us after this life will be like 1 second long... So what am I going to do in this second? Am I going to work hard? Be lazy? Sleep? Just walk around? And how am I really using this short time that I have as a missionary to bring souls to God. But the district meeting actually went really well! Then from there we just were working all day long trying to find new people to teach and baptize!

Wednesday was a day of just pure baptism interviews! We had this day planned out for like a week so that every sector could have someone to send to an interview so that they could be baptized this week. So all day long I was with Elder Prada(who is AP), Elder Critchfield(another DL), and my comp. We were just going around all day doing interviews for the sisters. We were all able to do an interview with someone(well expect my comp because he can´t do interviews). But it was a pretty crazy day with a few photos to go around as well!

Then comes Friday... Day of Transfers... So we had a mini zone training in the morning so that we could know the transfers and everything. But the assistants didn´t want to tell the transfers just yet. So while working on Friday we got a call from the assistant with our transfers. And I definitely got my transfer to something that I didn´t even think I would get lol! I got a transfer to a city called Alto Hospicio(which is where I´m writing from right now) as Zone Leader!! I´m with Elder Cordova, he´s from Lima Peru! He´s got like 19 months in the mission and so far is really nice and a cool guy! I traveled this morning, my bus left at 7am.... so I´m a little tired... Also this week I have to travel back to Antofagasta for Leadership Council now that I´m a Zone Leader. Leadership Council are every month and there is one just this week so I have to travel back this Thursday lol.  But yeah now I´m in charge of a zone now in the mission which is pretty crazy! Alto Hospicio is a city just above another city called Iquique. This city started out of just pure Tomas which are those houses made out of whatever people can get their hands on. But now it is a pretty big city! In 2018 there even putting a mall! It´s like 20-30 mins from Iquique which is another city which is super awesome as well! But I´m actually really excited to be able to be Zone Leader and work with a lot of missionaries!

District Leader was definitely a lot of fun and I actually enjoyed it a lot. Now as Zone Leader should be even more responsibility and the opportunity to bless a lot of people and other missionaries!

Then the weekend was pretty much working a little bit more and saying my byes to the people in Las Arenas. I was there for a short time actually, only 3 months! But I really enjoyed it there and will definitely miss everyone there but I´m also excited to be here in Alto Hospicio(let´s see how you guys pronounce this city lol).

But that was pretty much my week this week. I should definitely have a pretty interesting week here my first week as zone leader so I´ll let you know how it goes next week! With a lot more to write!! We should also be having a few baptisms this week here already in Alto Hospicio!

Sounds like your guys week was just a pretty normal week of work lol like always! And looks like you won´t go to Portland this week, that´s lame! Hope that you have a better more exciting week this week!

Yeah Elder Abalos is pretty funny. Yeah he´s from Utah! He´s going to be finishing the mission real soon this next transfer in 6 weeks!

Well hope that you guys have a wonderful week! Got to finish the letter here! Out of time and need to send a ton a pics lol! Love you guys a ton and hope you have a great week!

Love
Elder Newkirk

P.S. Invite the poor missionaries to your house lol

Pics: Goodbye Photos!



With Elder Muir who is going home

With Enriquez, Jenny, Bastian, and Ignacio who are super super awesome!!!(Also gave us a pizza!!)


With The Soliz Family who are a really nice family(All members)

With Enriquez, Jenny, Bastian, and Ignacio who are super super awesome!!!(Also gave us a pizza!!)

Mini Zone Training that we had Friday!

Mini Zone Training that we had Friday!

Pics with Elder Critchfield, Robles, and Prada all tight up in the car of the asistents! I couldn´t get a selfie with all of them in so they´re seperate!

Pics with Elder Critchfield, Robles, and Prada all tight up in the car of the assistants! I couldn´t get a selfie with all of them in so they´re separate!

A huge watermelon and Elder Robles and I bought

Photo with the golden plates and a robot! It was in a house of an eternal investigator who we had an interview with! He has been an investigator for like 100 years but has never wanted to get baptized, he even has a replica of the gold plates......... Idk about this dude lol but we tried to do another baptism interview with him to help him to baptism but said no again...

No comments:

Post a Comment