Monday, April 25, 2016

week #17 - Back to good health and opportunities to give blessings!

¡Hola! ¿Como les ha ido?

Everthing here has been great. We´re back to being at 100% in health which is good. The sickness is still going around though and we have had a lot of opportunities to give blessings of health. There isn´t a lot of priesthood down here so we get to have a lot of opportunities to give blessings and serve the members!

This week was good, I think it was just a normal week haha. I don´t really know what is considered to be a normal week because the weeks are always changing. Yeah when we were sick we didn´t leave the house. We didn´t work on Sunday and also on Monday. We practically just slept and studied. Two days definitely makes an impact on the work but we still had a great week and found some new people to start teaching. 

Another thing that I have really started to realize recently that has hit me hard, this week, is how good that we have it. A lot of the people that we are teaching and meet everyday have a lot of problems. People here work so much with crazy schedules. There are some people that work from morning until night every single day and don´t have time for practically anything. But there are so many different problems with the houses and the streets and everything. The humility has really set in, it has been a humbling experience since the beginning, but it is something that I have been thinking a lot more about this week and as well in my studies. We are seriously so lucky to have what we have with where we live and everything. And we´re even more lucky because we have the gospel in our lives! I don´t know it´s just something that I have been thinking about this week.

With the people down here, there are a ton of different religions and a ton of different beliefs. I have learned so much about other religions and how others worship. There are a lot of weird, different things that religions do. But I can´t talk bad about other religions and stuff that people do so I´ll just leave it at that. 

Sounds like you guys will have a lot of fun in Florida this week. Hope Hailey and her teams does well this week in Summit! Can´t wait to hear next week how everything went!

Mi Español es mas o menos no mas, pero es mejorando. In the companionship we practically speak spanish all the time, very little do we speak English. My companion actually understand a lot of English but we don´t use English at all. It´s basically all Spanish all the time. I have definitely noticed though that English is getting harder and Spanish is getting easier. I can still write in English perfectly fine but when I talk in English it just feels weird, and even at times I have to translate in my mind Spanish to English and it just comes out weird. But I don´t have any problem with writing my letters every week. It´s only when I try to speak in English it is weird.

This P-day was actually pretty awesome, we didn´t do a lot but we ate some really good food today. Today we went to Centro again so that I could change some money and buy a speaker. We we did that and after that we went and tried a place that Hermana Malva recommended to us. It was pretty expensive but it was definitely worth it. It was a placed called Gran Chimu and they make Peruano food. I´ll be sending a picture of what me and my companion got. It was really good. 

Love you guys a lot and hope that you all have a great week!

Love
Elder Newkirk





No comments:

Post a Comment