Monday, October 2, 2017

week#92 - working hard in Tierra Amarilla

Hey whats up?

First week here in Tierra Amarilla has been pretty good! Its quite a small town but it is a lot of fun. Definitely the most green part that I have been in. Our house is out back of our Mamita who gives us lunch which is like in a forest. Its actually pretty cool. I`ll have to take a video and send it to you guys. But everything's going well here with my new comp. He`s not super newbie because he`s been out already for one transfer but I came here to finish his training. But things are going really well with him. He is actually really cool, also teaches really well! He is also really funny, I`m having a lot of fun with him. We have also been working real hard in Tierra Amarilla. There are actually quite a few solid investigators here that we are working with. We should be seeing some baptisms here real soon! Definitely a lot different not being a Zone Leader anymore either. It`s now just way to chill and I really dont have to worry about anything else just my sector and my comp. I actually kinda miss being Zone Leader is was a lot of fun and I learned a ton. But now we just have to worry about the sector and get out there and work hard!

Conference was also really good this weekend. A lot of good talks! I really liked the talks from President Uchtdorf about our pathway back to our Heavenly Father. Elder Holland about perfection. Elder Callister with pure fire about the Book of Mormon. But I think my favorite out of them all was Elder Rasband`s talk about Gods plan for us and how he makes the moves for us on the chess board and that there is no coincidence in life. I definitely am going to have to print out some of those talks and also listen to them to study them out because there were a lot of great talks this conference. But Sunday morning I didn`t really listen to all that well because I was pretty sick. Saturday night after Priesthood session a member took us out to eat completos and I think I ate a bad completo and was throwing up Sunday morning. But in the afternoon I was feeling better and today I`m back to normal. But yeah stupid completos, soo good but sometimes risky lol.

But yeah everything's going good. I don't have all that many photos to send this week. One with my new comp here in the cyber. Also I found one of my converts from Tal Tal. Remember Yerack??? He`s here in Copiapo studing now and still going strong in the church!! It was really cool to be able to see him in the conference! But I`ll try to get some more pics for this next week. Today we are also going to play soccer with President with the 2 zones together. Also have interviews again with him today and zone conferences with President tomorrow. So that should be fun! But yeah that's about it! Love you guys a ton! Hope you have a great week in Boise!! Send me pics too!

Love
Elder Newkirk



No comments:

Post a Comment