Thursday, February 11, 2016

Week #6 update from Jordan and his arrival

Hola! Well I made it safe to Antofagasta and am in my first area with my first companion. His name is Elder Villegas and he is from Ecuador so hopefully I´ll learn Spanish fast. My first area is here is in Antofagasta in the north part. So far everythings going good, took a crazy bus ride to our area. Just got out to the field like and hour ago but the Spanish here so far is pretty hard. It´s really hard to understand. But they have a baptism next Saturday which will be really cool, but apparently they don´t get a lot of baptisms here in this area. Hopefully I´ll be able to learn the Spanish fast and be able to do something. The plane ride here was really nice, they had tv´s in front of every chair with a ton of new movies, music, and games. Was kinda hard not to watch anything haha. But someone was watching The Martian right in front of me. I arrived here yesterday at like 11 and then went to the mission home. We stayed in the mission home for the night and today is when we got our trainers and went out to the field. The mission home is really nice and good there. But so far everything is pretty different and will get some getting used to but everythings is going good and I´m safe. Hope everything is going well for you guys back at home. I´ll probably be in this area for a good while. You don´t really move around areas a lot, because of how big the mission is, so I should be here for a good 3-6 months. The homesickness is starting to set in a little because of how different everything is, but I just need to get used to it and learn the Spanish. Just have to power through with faith. My P-days are on Monday just like every other missionary so I´ll be able to email you guys again on Monday, I´ll send some pictures on Monday as well. Also it is true that my schedule is from 7:30-11:30 which is pretty cool. I love you guys so much and miss you guys!

Love
Elder Newkirk

No comments:

Post a Comment